Things That Happen When Mold is Left Untreated

Got Mold? 5 Things That Happen When It\’s Left Untreated

No one likes having mold growing inside their home. Not only is it unsightly, but it is also bad for your health. Ignoring mold mitigation can result in worrisome problems. If you live in a warm and humid climate or have experienced water damage in your home, you may be well aware of the problems associated with mold. Here are some things that may result when this condition is left to grow without intervention. At Entrusted, we want our current and future customers to be aware of the dangers of mold.

Indoor mold can be damaging. In terms of color, mold may be pink, commonly found in the bathroom, or black, which grows in darker areas. Determining the cause of the mold as well as fixing it will lead to a healthier, more comfortable home.

  1. It Can Stain Furniture

As mold grows, it can leave stains on the surface where it is growing. It stains walls as well as precious objects if it is left untreated.

  1. It Can Cause An Unpleasant Smell

That moldy and musty smell in your home is not pleasant. This is not ideal for social gatherings and everyday life. If you decide to sell your home, the lingering smell will be a problem.

  1. It Can Cause Allergic Sensitivity

You may experience the following symptoms if there is mold in your home:

  • Coughing
  • Wheezing
  • Sinus congestion
  • Sneezing fits
  • Headaches
  • Eye irritation
  1. Mold Can Ruin Your Clothing

Clothes sitting in a closet or in boxes can grow mold if excess moisture is present. When mold grows on clothing, it stains as well as produces a smell. 

It is always best to treat mold as soon as you see it. If you think you have a mold issue, it is best to call in a professional. We can help you achieve a healthier and more inviting environment with our mold mitigation services.